Live. Seriously, live.

Recently, I came across an interesting question on Quora:
"What should I do if I get shot?"

The reply given by RB, a Former Emergency Medical Technician:

Don't die.
Seriously, don't die.

He went on to say in a training that he took, he was taught some of the things people think who have been shot. I re-quote, "Some people think that just because they are shot, they are supposed to die. They give up the fight, and then they wait to die. Just because you are shot does not necessarily mean you will die."

He went to basically say, the perpetrator may try to finish us off, but stay in the fight, take cover, and if possible, move to a safer position.  https://www.quora.com/What-should-I-do-if-I-get-shot

I felt that was a game-changing answer.
Thank you, RB.

As a believer of Christ, there are areas in my life I do at times feel as if I am dead due to circumstances I personally feel too emotionally-overwhelmed to change or continue fighting.

Yet I am alive.  I still live by Jesus' faith in me.
Here, Apostle Paul reminds in Galatians 2:20:
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

With this, I am reminded to stay in the fight, and to continue standing.   

Simple because Christ who loves me -- still believes in me.

Like a fighter in a boxing match, if we keep on getting up. In the end, we win. Not by might, nor by power, but by His Spirit who dwells in us. 


He has, given us a declaration, so we may, like David resound, the LORD is my shield and buckler. 




Comments

Popular Posts