I find myself standing on a strange shore this year.
The year started normally. Shortly after, I was woken up with the news of a dead family friend's father passing on. Heart attack. Around 1 am plus. He was alone. His son rushed over after his call to go to hospital. It was too late.

Then my friend, Esther, passed away. She had fought so long, so hard these few years -- just to have more time with her 4 year old. He was 5 plus when she passed on. I wished I had spent more time just being by her side. I miss her.

Then I heard another great heart passed away the same week. A warm woman, Monica brought much encouragement to others. Then a couple who we were great friends with had news of a pregnancy. They were thrilled and so excited. A short time later, they lost the baby, It was hard sitting next to the mother in agony at her loss.

In the midst of this, a close family member asked whether I had contacts to obtain a wheelchair. Who is it for? I was curious. Shock followed. It was a close family member. Then I realised my failure, I did not really know him at all. But I knew his sister. Her silent pain spoke tons.

By then it was mid year. Another shock wave came. A family that  had felt very close to were moving -- to another continent. And another. And another.

Lord, it seems everyone is going through transition. This year started with loss. Then family friends moving away. 

As I attended their funerals and listened to the eulogies.  
I wonder how may I live differently to not repeat regrets, remorse, and really live with love. 

Comments

Popular Posts